DNS is the wonderful technology that makes the internet possible. The DNS servers are constantly answering users’ queries about domains with fast speed.
Exactly this strive for velocity makes the website owners search for extra help in the form of DNS service.
You can see various Free DNS plans by different companies, but in this case, we will see one of the better-known ones – ClouDNS.net
The Cloudns Free DNS plan includes the following:
- 4 DNS servers
- 3 DNS zones
- 100 DNS Records
- 5M DNS queries per month
- 3 Mail Forwards
- Dynamic DNS
- Web redirects
The first obvious benefit is that it is an entirely free plan. You can sign up for free, without giving any credit card information. The free DNS plan is also free forever, not like other plans who have just a trial period and then change to paid one.
That provides you the freedom to “play around” with it until you get to learn how DNS works.
The plan gives you 4 DNS servers and 3 DNS zones. This way, you can manage the traffic better.
You can use up to 100 DNS records, and they can be of any type – A, AAAA, MX, different TXT records and more. This is not common in a free DNS plan.
The DNS queries are limited but to a very decent number 5 Million per month!
The Dynamic DNS can be a good reason for some to give it a try. With Dynamic DNS, your A and AAAA records will be updated automatically when your IP changes.
Web redirects can serve you to redirect to another site.
For who is it the free DNS plan?
- DNS enthusiasts who are just starting to use DNS. They can freely test all types of DNS records.
- • People who use a dynamic IP and need a Dynamic DNS provider. The can set up CCTV cameras or another equipment.
- • Small blog sites with visitors from around the globe. They need multiple locations and better uptime.
- 8 DNS servers
- 25 to 400 DNS zones
- 1000 to 20000 DNS Record
- Unlimited DNS queries
- 50 to 1000 Mail Forwards
- Dynamic DNS
- Web redirects
- DNS failover & Monitoring checks
- Anycast DNS for better load balancing
- DDoS protection for extra security
- Secondary DNS zones
- More Mail Forwards
- Better customer support
- Real-time statistic
We can see a lot more in these plans.
First, they offer superior load balancing. There are more locations for your DNS
records that will manage the traffic.
The amount of DNS records is a lot larger.
The Managed DNS plans are more secured. They have DDoS protection and DNS
failover. Your servers will outstand strong traffic attacks and redirect the traffic
between the servers in an intelligent way.
For who is it the Managed DNS plan?
- Strongly recommended for e-commerce sites where downtime means fewer sales.
- Sites who need to manage a lot of traffic. Managed DNS can be used to
- Create a CDN for content distribution.
- Sites or services which must be well-protected and the security is a priority.
Free DNS plan is a good start. It gives you the basics of DNS services and the
confidence to use it. When the traffic increases too much, or you need some
extra feature then you should move to a Managed DNS plan. It will give you
premium features and better traffic management that you will feel.