Technology is something that deals with the creation and use of technical means, which have strong bond with the life, society, and the environment, It is possible with the Pursuing courses such as Engineering, Industrial Arts, and Science. It is also a use of scientific knowledge for practical purposes or applications, either for some industry or oneself. The newer generation is enthusiastic and have passion towards latest cutting edge technologies and want to explore everything. Technology is usually developed by the engineers when there is a need in the society. Various technologies are emerging right now. Students are now being able to adopt these latest technologies because these are included in their Engineering (Bachelor’s of Technology) B.Tech curriculum. Some of the technologies are as follows:
- IOT: IOT, also known as Internet of Things is a concept behind technological devices so that it can be connected to the internet and to each other in an attempt to create the perfect connection between the physical and digital worlds. A thing in the internet of things can be a person with a device or, an automobile that has built-in sensors or any other natural or man-made device that has an IP address and is able to transfer data over a network.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Artificial Intelligence is a method of making a computer, a computer-controlled robot, or a software think intelligently as that humans think. Machine learning is a part of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that provides computers to automatically learn from the experiences as that human learns from their experiences. This particular field has created lot of jobs in the computer science Industry. It has brought a revolution in the computer science industry. It is now helping businesses reach their customers in a big way to meet customer needs more easily.
- Virtual Reality: Virtual Reality means experiencing things through our computers that may not be real. It is a computer-generated simulation or replacement of the current environment. For example, one has to put on a headset with a screen inside or gloves fitted with sensors, it blocks out the worldview and control the senses from the point of view of your brain.
Some other fields where technologies are advancing are medical science, Telecommunication, manufacturing etc. These are taught to the students in their respective major subjects.
- Medical Science: Nanotechnology is being used for precise treatments that are less invasive, less costly, and less complicated to achieve the operations and treat people. The technologies such as brain-machine interface (BMI) etc. are used to enhance the field of medical science. Due to the Enhancement, there is a reduction in death rate and health care cost is low.
- Telecommunication: In this field, cloud is used to deliver higher quality, more flexible and more scalable enterprise IT services and solutions popularly known as cloud computing. After 4G LTE, now it is been upgraded to 5G. It is estimated that it is about 10x faster than 4G, with download speeds around 10 GBPS.